Every year Amazon changes things, a lot of things. While we love to sell on Amazon sometimes their abrupt changes are very unwelcome. If we know anything about Amazon it is that they are always changing. Most of the time it is for the good of our business and other times it is a royal pain! Either way, we want you to be in the know about the newest changes Amazon has been making and how they will affect your business.
Amazon is continually changing, and new rules are frequently introduced. As business owners, you know that the only thing that is consistent in business is change. Many of the changes happen because new technology is introduced, but changes also occur because of the changing habits, wants and desires of our customers. As an Amazon seller, you must comply with the new rules that have been introduced, and there are sure to be more rule changes throughout 2019.
In this episode we discuss what’s new on Amazon in 2019. We explain many of the new rules that you need to be aware of such as how Amazon is using transparency codes to spot counterfeit items. We also share new information on how GTIN exemption, nexus standards, changes to sales tax, restricted brands, and California Prop 65 warnings will affect your business’s procedures and explain what you should do if you encounter Amazon’s Restricted Products Policy Violations.
“The only constant in business is change - whether you’re selling on the Amazon marketplace or you have a brick-and-mortar store. There are always things that are changing and evolving” - Amy Feierman
This week on the Amazon Files:
- What you need to know about transparency codes (QR codes) on big brand products, which products should have one, and how Amazon uses them to flag counterfeit
- How transparency codes will affect you if you source products through retail arbitrage.
- How to prove an item is not counterfeit if Amazon flags a product you have sent in.
- How to identify genuine wholesalers from non-genuine wholesalers and the questions you should ask them.
- What you need to know about UPC codes and GTIN exemption.
- How acquiring a GTIN exemption for wholesale bundles has become easier.
- How to get GTIN Exemption for your business brand to sell non-generic bundles.
- How nexus standards and a seller’s connection to a state for sales tax will be judged on a state-by-state basis.
- Why you should talk to a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) about nexus.
- Amazon sales tax settings and why it is crucial to get Amazon to collect sales tax for you.
- How to add a California Prop 65 warning, to products that might expose Canadians to chemicals that cause cancer.
- How to view and deal with Amazon’s Restricted Products Policy Violations.
Jumpstart Your Amazon Business Today!
Are you ready to jumpstart your Amazon business but don’t know how? We can guide you step by step through easy-to-understand video instructions for your Amazon business must-haves. We’ve got everything you need in one place -- from setting up your Amazon account and shipping your items to Amazon fulfillment centers.
Did you mess up and want to start over? We are here to help you prevent making the same mistakes again. Go to Start FBA Today to start your exciting Amazon journey. What’s more is that you can grab all these fantastic resources for only $97! Use the coupon code first1000.
Discover the Ease & Simplicity of the Wholesale Bundling System
Don’t know where to start in your wholesale bundling Amazon business? We teach a lot of different strategies for searching wholesale bundles and creating your own unique bundles. Learn the A to Z of Amazon wholesale bundling through Mommy Income’s Wholesale Bundle System. Visit https://www.mommyIncome.com/system for more information.
Grow Your Amazon Business!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Amazon Files, the show to help Amazon seller along their business journey one step at a time with your hosts and Amazon experts, Amy Feierman and Kristin Ostrander. If you enjoyed this episode, head over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave us your honest review. Don’t forget to share your favorite episodes with your friends on social media! Visit us on Facebook each week for a live discussion on how to grow your Amazon business and check out our website for even more resources.
Special Offers, Promos, Exclusive Content
We send all of these to the members of the Mommy Income tribe via email each month. Not on the email list? Head over HERE to be in the know.
Don’t forget to check out our website for even more resources.